The Good (But Eccentric) Man and Woman’s Bill of Rights Concerning Relationships and Marriage for us creative and eccentric adults who strongly believe in monogamy, committed relationships, and marriage, but are more intelligent and individual minded than the typical person you are traditionally accustomed to.
I was compelled to create this list, because many people who claim they want to good man or woman who is either husband or wife material are usually dumbfounded or clueless when that good genuine person they finally meet has traits and characteristics that are not common in conservative people. There is a new wave of conservatism that is growing, and the people within this new current, even though they are good decent moral people, usually have a set of interests and ideas that are very unique and unconventional. The squeaky clean church boy wearing the tucked in button-up shirt is no longer the poster child of a “good man”.
- Respect our creativity and our artistic gifts and talents.
- Respect our right to not be a Christian, go to church, or believe in Jesus (or Allah, Jehovah, etc…).
- Respect our energy, flexibility, agility, and our passion to stay healthy.
- Respect our unique point of view on politics, spirituality, science, and nature.
- Respect our passions and outgoingness (urge to travel, skydiving, etc…).
- Respect our unique and creative ways of educating and raising our children.
- Most importantly, respect our right to have open dialog about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, for we want total honesty and no topic is too taboo to us.